Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Unexpected late 3rd birthday gift: Say Lou Lou 's debutalbum 'Lucid Dreaming' (Vinyl review)

A couple of years ago I went to Eurosonic-Noorderslag in Groningen to see and listen to the latest upcoming acts from Europe. Although, if I recall correctly, Finland was in the spotlights a Swedish twin managed to attract my attention. Not just the female aspect as well their music: eighties-like popmusic with pleasant vocals by the ladies. They called themselves Saint Lou Lou but changed it only a few months later into Say Lou Lou and played some gigs as support-act for Hurts. That was in 2013. In the last two years they released some singles on vinyl but recording their actual debut album took some time. February 23rd 2015 the

wait was over. Or at least, for the happy few living in Scandinavia. The worldwide release will be april 6th.

Recently I visited their management-team in Oslo during by:Larm-festival and my eyes got hold of their vinyl-release. In the line of their previous vinyl-sleeves clean yet quite artistic and appealing. Next stop: the recordstore. I bought my copy at the physical shop www.tigernet.no and had to wait a couple more days to put the needle on the record. My previous hesitation if I actually should buy it vanished instantly. This was far better than I had expected! Apart from one of their previous singles 'Better in the Dark' all their great songs are there. Including several other beauties! What about their collaboration with Lindstrøm 'Games for Girls'? A catchy tune with a real eighties feel to it that will get you moving. But as SLL is better known for heartbroken songs the fans will love this record. Previously they released 'Julian' but my favorite is most likely 'Angels (above me)'. Soothing tunes to recover from heartache.


The Scandinavian birthday-presents keep on coming!


Surprise-factor: 7/6 ;-)

Wow-factor: 5/6

Download-code included?: Nope (unfortunately)



1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool review BlacKie-Pix!I definitely need to check them out now..;-}

Vassilis from Flickr

Tuesday, 28 April, 2015  

Post a Comment

<< Home