Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Nordic Adventures in 2015. Part 1: Flying to Oslo.

I guess I'm really starting to become more nordic minded as I expected. Only 2 months after leaving Helsinki after the new years celebrations I'm on my way back. This time with destination Oslo for the by:Larm music festival.  The latter wasn't totally unexpected as the plans unfolded 6 months earlier. But still, with already another trip scheduled for May to do some running and meeting my Finnish sweetheart(s) a bimonthly Nordic trip is apparently necessary to satisfy my Nordic needs ;)

Flying to Oslo by SAS also has another advantage, the 'Scandinavian Traveler' magazine. Now I'm totally up to speed on several topics. And some advertisements are really so down to earth and honest. What about a orthodontist/dentist  with a far from perfect smile advertising for his treatment to get the perfect smile. Perfection, it ain't all but you can find it here. As are our designs. Perfect and highly appreciated designs for instance by Teenage Engineering (check out the OP-1 synthesizer which is used by artists like Jean-Michel Jarre and Apparat Organ Quartet). Did you know the founder of Teenage Engineering, Jesper Kouthoofd, was also one of the founders of Acne (the well known fashion brand)? When I translate his last name into English it would mean Cold Head. According to his story and the bits of dandruff floating in his hair he is probably the opposite. But geniuses are entitled to. Their latest inventions seem to be a touch of such a genius. Three small synthesizers with a price-tag of just $59,-. Cutting on the manufacturing price wasn't easy but without a package or bag and the display-handle included in the body they succeeded. Most ironic fact? You can probably get your own piece of musicality at the nearest Weekday-store! Cool! I can hardly wait to get my own copy ;) Now I only need to find myself a Weekday in Oslo..

Update: As the Weekday-store in Oslo didn't have the actual items I started looking for those on the Internet. At Teenage Engineering they were available no less than €69 in Europe and $59 worldwide (ex P&P). Luckily Their collaborator Cheap Monday was as the name suggests cheaper. On a Monday night I bought myself an OP-12 for €59.. and a T-shirt of their collaboration. Can't hardly wait to start making music!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home