Friday, April 08, 2005

Read.. Posted by Hello


One of the books you have to read during internship apart from the standard literature, so they say,is "The house of god" by Samuel Shem. I never did until recently.. AFTER my internship.. because I didn't really bother..
What's it about? Internship in a jewish "top" hospital in the '70's. Hardly comparable with the Dutch internship. Luckily, while I still don't understand why Med-students, Interns and Residents should (still) be exploited with unreasonable long workingdays as they are still supposed to do..
At first it read rather promissing. But in the end it didn't really life up to it's expectations.. At least I can "proudly" say I read it but I'm not that enthousiastic about it as my former collegae-interns..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home